Consultation & Professional Development Services
KCCAT is pleased to share our training and expertise with others by offering a variety of consultation and professional development services. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 649-8820, Extension 1, to find out more and discuss your needs and pricing options.
- Professional & Community Groups
- School Districts & Educators
- Individual Consultation Support for Practicing Clinicians
This service is designed to aid other licensed mental health professionals in understanding and applying best-practice cognitive behavioral theory and treatment strategies for anxiety and related disorders. Professional consultation appointments are billed by 30 minute blocks, and can be scheduled either on-site at KCCAT, over televideo, or by phone.
- Expert consultation on the impact of anxiety and mental health issues for other types of professionals (clergy, law enforcement, providers outside of behavioral health, etc.)
- Customized topic presentations or full training workshops for groups or agencies.
Led by Staff Therapist Ms. Lindsey Murray, MA, LPC, Coordinator of School District Presentation Services and Outreach.
- Consultation on strategies for managing anxiety and mental health issues in the school setting, IEP, 504 plans
- Customized presentations and training workshops for administrators, teachers, counseling staff, student groups, and parent organizations.
- Independent Clinical Evaluation and School Consultation Package
This service provides expert evaluation of anxiety and related disorder symptoms and creates recommendations for effective management steps within the school setting. Evaluations may be initiated and paid for by either the school district or individual families. Show Details »
This service is conducted by our pediatric trained Staff Psychologists at a flat fee of $1,500.00 and involves the following components:
- Initial phone or tele-video interviews with parents/guardians to prepare for evaluation
- Phone interviews with relevant school staff (teachers, administrative staff, special education teacher, school psychologist, nurse, counselor) to obtain collateral information about the child and academic setting challenge areas to be addressed
- Review of all supplied records (e.g., school/psychoeducational, previous testing or treatment)
- Battery of standardized questionnaire measures (parent/child/teacher versions as applicable)
- In person evaluation that includes a clinical interview and administration of relevant diagnostic interviews (120-180 minutes)
- 45 minute feedback session with family to review initial evaluation impressions and recommendations
- 45 minute feedback session with school personnel to review initial evaluation impressions and recommendations
- Written summary report of results and outlined recommendations and identified resource for family and school personnel
Evaluation Process Results and Feedback*
Additional or ongoing consultation with school staff is available as needed/clinically indicated, to be billed at the clinician's normal professional fees, prorated in 5-minute increments (e.g., Senior Staff Psychologist Dr. Ashley Smith's current base rate is $170 per 45 minutes).
*Evaluation and feedback sessions may be scheduled on the same day for families traveling to the center from out of town. School feedback sessions are typically done by conference call or televideo.
Examples of Topics
- Why Touch a Toilet? — An Overview of Evidence-based Treatment for OCD and Anxiety Disorders
- Evidence-based Assessment and Treatment of OCD and Anxiety Disorders (both adult and pediatric learning presentations and workshops available)
- It’s More than Just the Number on the Scale: Treating Eating Disorders with Exposure and Response Prevention
- When Anxiety Intersects with Other Medical and Health Conditions
- Anxiety Disorders Management in Primary Care
- Imaginal and Interoceptive Exposures: The Why, When, and How
- Show More »
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Insomnia
- “Third-wave” Concepts in CBT: Mindfulness and Acceptance Based Therapies
- Strategies for Managing Daily Stress and Anxiety
- Body Focused Repetitive Behavioral Disorders — Treatment for Hair Pulling and Skin Picking
- Behavioral Management of Tourette’s Syndrome and Tic Disorders
- Evidence-based Management of Panic
- Designing and Implementing Exposures to Target Obsessions Related to Harm and Sexual Themes in Children and Adults With OCD
- A Stomach of Steel: Exposure Work For Treating Emetophobia
- Innovative Applications of CBT with ERP: Atypical Clinical Presentations
- Managing Scrupulosity: How to Help When OCD Gets Religious
- Get Outta Here! — Tackling Fear of Flying
- Evidence-based Approaches to Stress and Trauma in Adults and Youth
- Benzodiazepine Discontinuation Aided by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Understanding and Treating Selective Mutism
- Failure to Launch: Engineering Treatment for Young Adults Living at Home
- Behavioral Approaches to Managing Enuresis
- School Refusal Behaviors: Differential Diagnoses and Treatment Strategies from Elementary School Through College
- Understanding Compulsive Hoarding
- Anxiety and Depression in Older Adults
- Evidence-based Strategies for Managing Dental Anxiety
- Understanding Pediatric Anxiety in Vulnerable Populations
- The Use of Behavioral Strategies to Increased Treatment Adherence and Outcomes
- Higher Levels of Care: Understanding Residential and Intensive Outpatient Services for OCD and Anxiety
What others are saying about KCCAT's training and presentations: